Retire to Wexford for the Weekend
Craving a getaway with your other half, your siblings or your adult family this year?
Wexford is proven to be the perfect place for you to escape and enjoy your Golden Years!
Visit Wexford and #KeepDiscovering Ireland’s Ancient East this Autumn!
With this half of the year owed to autumn’s rustic blanket and an abundance of offerings in County Wexford waiting to be discovered through to it’s winter capabilities, it’s the perfect time to Visit Wexford when the smallies are back to school! This #TravelTuesday we want to highlight just as much to those looking to seek escape, tranquility, peace and relaxation through the cooler and quieter months.
Our #TravelTuesday tip: Make the most of your trip to County Wexford and visit an array of offerings in our beautiful corner of Ireland. Alternatively, make it a relaxing leisurely trip by taking it to the beach for an early morning dip and walk, hit lunch in a local garden centre and make it back for an afternoon at the spa. Whatever you decide to do, make sure to retire to Wexford for the weekend and take it easy!
Make it a break to remember this year as you unwind, take it slow and leisurely live in the moment. Take in the atmosphere of some of Wexford’s lovely establishments and appreciate the slower life in our sunny south east. Have a gander through Wexford Lavendar Farm, taking in the beauty of colour, smells and the people that make it a farm. Allow some time for a lite bite or dessert at The Village at Wheelocks before a look in the cabins supporting local producers or a stroll through the woods. Alternatively, find some time to stroll through bloom at Beechdale Garden Centre before a slice of cake and a cup of tea in the Wildflower Café.
Wexford is rich for history and the perfect destination for history lovers. Whether it’s history surrounding the story of John F. Kennedy at Kennedy Homestead, the happenings of Enniscorthy and it’s surrounding components like Enniscorthy Castle, Vinegar Hill and Oulart Hill or perhaps it’s Dunbrody Abbey’s story that has caught your attention, there’s certain to be something you’ll become enthralled in when it comes to Wexford’s story through time.
Take it outdoors with a trip to many of Wexford’s wonderful seaside villages. From crab fishing in Rosslare to indulgent fish restaurants on every corner of Kilmore Quay, among others like quaint village Courtown sparring the perfect place for an icecream on the harbour, there’s no place like Wexford’s seaside villages to feel refreshed, breathe that sea breeze and relax with loved ones after a leisurely stroll.
Take yourself and your loved ones to some of Wexford’s gorgeous beaches and take an early morning dip meeting sunrise, sit down to a picnic for lunch or take an evening stroll until you reach your limit as there’s no end to our 250km coastline across Wexford. Whether you stay south and hit Rosslare Strand, take it to one of Ireland’s leading beaches, Curracloe, or head north to seaside village beach Courtown, you’re in for a treat.
Get outdoors with Wexford Walking Trails and explore every track and trail our wonderful Wilds of Wexford has to offer. Pack your hiking boots or trainers and take a leisurely stroll, endeavour to adventure or get out for that exercise. There’s no place like Wexford for the great outdoors!
Catch up on RTÉ’s most recent series of Tracks & Trails which covered Wexford in two episodes and find inspiration for your trip there. You can learn more about RTÉ’s Tracks & Trails here
‘What’s On’ Events
Wexford is #BestForFun and we have an abundance of events lined up for the remainder of 2021 which will be moments not to be missed. From heritage and culture to crafts and music, County Wexford has it all.
Check out some of the fantastic packages our hotels in Wexford have over the Autumn months for you and you loved ones to enjoy:
Seafield Hotel & Spa Resort
The 4 Star Riverside Park Hotel guarantees you a warm welcome, delicious cuisine, luxury accommodation, superb leisure facilities and unforgettable service:
- 2 night stay in luxury accommodation
- Evening meal (3 Courses plus Tea/coffee)* on the evening of your choice
- Full Irish breakfast each morning
- Complimentary access to our state of the art Leisure Club
- Excellent choice of dining options including The Moorings Restaurant, The Alamo Restaurant and The Prom Bar
Call (0)53 9237800 or book online >> here <<
Riverside Park Hotel
Enjoy two night’s Bed & Breakfast in deluxe double or twin room
- Indulge with a gourmet evening meal in the award winning Greenroom Restaurant
- Relax with a bespoke Afternoon tea
- Checkin available on selected Sunday-Wednesdays
- Relax with a complimentary daily 45 minute Thermal Suite Experience at the award winning Oceo Spa
- We advise Dinner & Spa Treatments to be booked prior to your arrival
- Oceo Spa is an adult only destination
- Exclusive over 55’s over, only available through this rate-plan or by calling 053- 9424000
Call (0)53 9424000 or book online >> here <<
Clayton Whites Hotel Wexford
Young at Heart Package (From avg. €160 p/night)
- Enjoy tea or coffee & a pastry at our Coffee Dock on arrival
- 5 minute walk from the Bus/Train Station
- Please select arrival and departure date when checking availability
- Please be advised that the restaurant may be closed during quiet periods, in this event the restaurant menu will be served in the Library Bar
- 20% discount on all Phytomer and Bomar products purchased in the Tranquillity Spa
- Save €10 instantly per night when you sign up to Click on Clayton
Call (0)53 912 2311 or book online >> here <<