With over 35 different activities ideally suited to corporate events, hen and stag weekends, birthday parties and other group occasions, whether you’re seeking action and adventure, or rest and relaxation, Wexford has your party sorted! Take the hassle out of your planning, and settle down with a coffee, because here’s a list of our top group activities!
1. Murder Mystery in Enniscorthy Castle – acting in character and solving a murder mystery with friends is one thing, but running around a real castle at dusk is another experience entirely, and one you’re bound to remember! This event takes place over 2 hours from 6pm to 8pm and is best suited to groups of 14-16 people.
2. Nothing beats comradery like a round of golf and Wexford has over a dozen courses to choose from. The 18-hole Championship course of Rosslare Golf Club uniquely invites visitors to play on most competition days. Courtown Golf Club is a picturesque and challenging golf course with panoramic views of the sea, and Killiane Castle Golf range has an 18-hole Pitch and Putt course and specialises for large groups.
3. Bumper Football, otherwise known as Zorbing is taking mainland Europe by storm, and now you can avail of this hilarious mix of five-a-side football, with a dash of bumper cars and a pinch of American Football, at Leisure Max in Wexford. Make your event a full day by adding Bungee Run and Bowling to your package, for just €18pp.
3. Buckle up for Quadventure – an exhilarating, challenging course spread out over 80 acres, providing an all-weather, cross-country driving experience for all ages (from 6 years upwards) and levels of experience. For younger groups, the rodeo bull challenge and bouncy castle are optional extras.
4. Not all groups want a hair-raising experience. Experience the beauty of Wexford’s exceptionally varied landscape, from its long, sandy beaches to the wild Hook Peninsula, with one of many walking trails. Choose from historic or scenic, from mountain and hill walking, or coastal, riverside, or woodland trails. A great way for groups to spend quality time together, whilst enjoying a quiet, rural landscape, and some great, quality local produce from villages along the way.
5. For an unforgettable and unique opportunity, experience life in Early Medieval Ireland with a night at the Ringfort in the Irish National Heritage Park where you can sleep under a thatched roof in a perfect replica of a 1,500-year-old Irish ringfort and cook over an open fire. You’ll even wear costumes from the same period, learn how to light a fire, and care for the animals! When the park closes to visitors, you’ll be left alone to explore the woods, watch the wildlife and enjoy views across Slaney Estuary.
6. Gravity high ropes course at Courtown Adventure and Leisure Centre will put your coordination skills to the test! This is an exhilarating high ropes adventure course that will really test your balance. Harness up for a dual zip wire, challenge yourself to the aerial trekking course, or try your hand (literally) at the climbing rock wall and abseiling wall. With their all-new laser tag and target archery for sharpshooters, you’ll be hard pressed to fit it all into one day. Open all year round, this activity is suitable for all ages and levels of fitness.
7. Wexford is renowned for its movie star beaches, so a spot of surfing, stand up paddleboarding or sea kayaking is the perfect group activity to dip your toes into Wexford waters, but did you know the River Slaney offers an abundance of activity too? Go Paddle offers these fantastic activities along the Slaney, suitable for beginners and experts alike.
8. For the ultimate girly pamper package, a visit to the 5-star Monart Destination Spa – one of the world’s leading spa retreats – ticks all the boxes for rest, relaxation and unique treatments with the best skincare brands.