Buggy-Friendly Things to Do in Wexford
Finding it hard to find buggy-friendly places to visit with your little ones in Wexford?
Visit Wexford and #KeepDiscovering Ireland’s Ancient East this Autumn!
There’s an abundance of stunning spots around the County of Wexford to visit, and even more so establishments and places that provide a buggy-friendly surface for those looking to adventure and have fun with their little ones. This #TravelTuesday we want to highlight some of these beautiful buggy-friendly spaces in Wexford so that the whole family can enjoy a day out and the buggy doesn’t have to sit aside!
Our #TravelTuesday tip: Come prepared and don’t forget to carry the plastic for the buggy just in case the weather takes a turn for the worst – while Wexford is Ireland’s sunny south east, we all know how unpredictable Irish weather can be!
Sitting on the outskirts of Gorey, the famous Wells House and Gardens offer a wide range of activities for your toddlers, teenagers or children of any age to delve into. Pack a picnic, find a spot to sit in the beautiful gardens and soak the stunning architectural work of the house. While the establishment provides a stunning backdrop as the kids enjoy all that the house and gardens have to show for, it’s also buggy-friendly and waiting to be discovered. Learn more about Wells House & Gardens here.
If you’re looking for more of an active adventure with your little ones while tiring them out over some scenic views, you can’t miss the Cahore Point Trail. You’ll find the trail starts in the perfect spot, just beside Cahore pier and takes you on a 5km trail taking in every scenic view of sea and land along the way. With grovelled paths all the way, Cahore Point Trail is certainly buggy-friendly and certainly one way to keep the kids active. Learn more about Cahore Cliff Walk here.
Historically sat in New Ross, south Wexford, Tintern Abbey offers those rearing to get the kids out and about in a historical setting the perfect spot. While history lies before you, take to the track and explore the grounds of the ancient ruins. From rivers, woodland and wood carvings, to tours of the beautiful Abbey itself what’s there to want? Explore with a tour and take your foot to the rustic walking trails with the buggy. On the contrary, let the kids out and explore nature! Learn more about Tintern Abbey here.
Forth Mountain has always been known as one of County Wexford’s most recommended hidden gems. It’s breathtaking views and foreign waters give visitors everything they need to fall in love with the gem. With stunning views of the lake and a lovely trail recently featuring on RTÉ’s Tracks & Trails, Forth Mountain is certainly one to put on the ‘must-see, must-do’ list. Learn more about Forth Mountain here.
Another historical site on the list of ‘must-do’s’ has to be Oulart Hill with plenty of history in it’s meaning. “Tualach a’ tSolais” on top of the hill is a monument which commemorates the history and story that lays across Enniscorthy and surrounding areas. On both the Spring and Autumn Equinox the monument is perfectly aligned to catch the setting sun and it’s certainly a special experience. Notibly, while this Oulart Hill is buggy-friendly, built on grass and trails around the natural woodland, the buggy may become a little grassed but nontheless it’s the perfect space for you and your family to take in the happenings of history in Enniscorthy while the little ones have a run around the historical monument. Learn more about Tualach a’ tSolais here.
As one of Wexford’s popular attractions among guests, Johnstown Castle & Gardens has the most stunning setting and backdrop built around the castle. With a 4km walk around the grounds of the picturesque lake and gardens within the estate and new woodland play area, it’s the perfect place to pack the kids up and enjoy a day out. Take a picnic and enjoy the magical setting you only wish was yours as the castle’s resident peacock struts around the grounds. Learn more about Johnstown Castle & Gardens here.
JFK Arboretum is the perfect spot for your little ones to run free and enjoy their time in the fresh air, while it’s also perfect for those looking for buggy-friendly spots for the little ones still yet to take their foot to the ground. The Arboretum has plenty of distractions for kids with a playground, tree houses, woodland walks and the lake with the ducks and fish sitting perfectly on the grounds. Learn more about John F Kennedy Arboretum here.
Situated between Castlebridge and Wexford Town, Edevnvale is a stunning woodland walk footing along the River Sow. While the trail is bugg-friendly, it will only go as far as the water plant which is plentiful as the little ones take advantage of everything but that space. Besides not getting close to the waterfall for safety purposes, the gorgeous Edenvale is a great spot for those who enjoy woodland walking with the family!
Check out some of the fantastic packages our hotels in Wexford have over the Autumn months for you and your young family to enjoy:
The Riverside Park Hotel
Halloween Family Fun – 2 Night Activity Break (From avg. €260 p/night)
- 4 Course meal for all the family on the evening of your choice
- Full Irish breakfast each morning
- Treat for kids on arrival
- Family Activity Pass to one family attraction (see below)
- Full access to our Leisure Club
- Unlimited free WiFi
- Playground is located beside the hotel and there is a 5km river walk from our front door.
Choice of activities include entrance to:
Blackwater Open Farm, Johnstown Castle Estate, Wells Gardens, National Irish Heritage Park, Entrance to Secret Valley Wildlife Park, Entrance to Dunbrody Famine Ship, Leisure Max Wexford (Play Centre for 1hr 15mins and 1 free go on the go karts, with a free tea or coffee for mam and dad).
Call (0)53 9237800 or book online >> here <<
The Amber Springs Hotel & Health Spa
Child Friendly Mid-Term Break – 2 Nights B&B and 1 Dinner (Room PPS €169)
Take a well deserved break this Midterm, your break will include:
- Accommodation in a choice of room to suit your needs
- Full Irish breakfast each morning served in Kelbys Bistro
- Sumptuous three course dinner on one evening for the family
- *Beauty & *Massage treatments available in our exclusive Cocoon Spa
- Special child sharing rates available (children under 4 years share on a complimentary package chosen basis)
- Amber Park – *Mini-Golf, *Go-Karts,*Archery
- *Virtual Reality – Games room with Sony Playstation
All guests are welcome to enjoy the following inclusions with our compliments:
- Car parking
- High speed WIFI throughout the hotel
- Club Amber Leisure facilities include swimming pool, kids pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, gymnasium
- Movies screened daily in our 80 seater Showtime Cinema
- Amber Park – Petting farm, Outdoor playground
- Playzone – indoor playzone with state of the art jungle gym
- Amber Express – our very own train with daily departures (most days)
- Amber Kids Club – children aged 4 years – 12 years
Call (0)53 9484000 or book online >> here <<
Talbot Hotel Wexford
2 Night Talbot Family Break Kids Stay Free! (From €298 total stay)
- 2 Nights with Full Irish Breakfast each morning
- 1 Evening meal in our Oyster Lane Restaurant for Adults
- 1 Family Pass for Local Attractions*
- 15m Pool – booking required
- Free Car parking
- Children under 12 share free B&B Only/Children 13-17yrs €10pn B&B
Choice of activities include entrance to:
Irish National Heritage Park, Pirate’s Cove, Secret Valley Open Farm & The Kennedy Homestead
Call 053 91 22566 or book online >> here <<
Brandon House Hotel
Halloween Midterm Madness – 3 Nights B&B with Movie Night & Activity Pass (From €288 total stay)
- Full Irish Breakfast included
- Movie Night in the hotel with Popcorn included for the kids (pre-booking is essential) age 5 and over
- Activity Pass for Leisure Max In Wexford Town (approx 35KM or 30 Mins drive)
- Complimentary access to the Health & Leisure Club (pre-booking is essential)
- Discounts available in various local attractions
- Complimentary Car Parking
- Complimentary WiFi
* Leisure Max activity pass includes 1 hour & 15 minutes in soft play and a round on the Go Carts for 2 adults & up to 3 children. Slot must be booked with Leisure Max 24 hours in advance.
Call (051) 421703 or book online >> here <<