Book your 2021 Summer Staycation in County Wexford now.
Header image credit: Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park
We know what you’re thinking: you would love a getaway with your family who deserve a break, the friends you’ve been missing or the relatives that you haven’t seen in a while. Staycations are certainly on the cards again for 2021, so avoid disappointment and book early to guarantee your getaway!
Hotels, guesthouses and campsites have some great early booker offers for summer bookings, so we have created a guide to suit all tastes and budgets. Whether you choose to camp out under the stars in the Sunny South East or relax in luxury in the calm countryside, there is something in Wexford to suit everyone this summer.
Our #TravelTuesday tip: To secure your preferred choice, research now for best options be flexible with your dates and locations across County Wexford. Always book direct on the accommodation provider’s website for the best rates and be sure to book well in advance this year for the summer months.
Take a look at some of the accommodation options and offers below:
Choose to camp out or glamp out with a variety of accommodation options at IOAC in Tagoat. Go the traditional way and pitch your tent under the stars with your family. If you aren’t ready for the full camping experience just yet, don’t worry! IOAC has a number of glamping cabins on site so you can enjoy the experience of camping with some added comforts. Be sure to visit the activity centre here during your stay for the ultimate summer staycation outdoor activities.
Family tent 2 adults + up to 2 children + 1 car (Jun-Aug) – €32.00 per night
Glamping cabin (Jun-Aug) – €130.00 per night
While camping pitches may be booked up for 2021, Morriscastle Strand Holiday Park also offers a unique camping experience in the form of their stylish glamping pods. The pods sleep up to 5 people so whether you are travelling with your kids, your friends or your partner, it is suitable for all holidaymakers. Booking for the pods opened on Monday 1st February, so plan ahead and book ahead to avoid disappointment.
Glamping pod (peak season) – €140.00 per night
- VIEW ALL CAMPING/GLAMPING LISTINGS HERE
The Wooden House Hotel & Apartments are located in the heart of Kilmore Quay and offer stunning views of the sea and nearby Saltee Islands. Looking for a holiday with a difference? The hotel has a number of beachside apartments so that you can enjoy all of the amenities of the hotel as well as the comfort of a private apartment.
Flexible Advanced Purchase (save 20%) – €119.20 per night
Standard Rate + Flexible Cancellation – €149.00 per night
Choosing this Flexible Advanced Purchase rate you will be entitled to change your booking dates up to 14 days prior to your arrival.
The Talbot Hotel in Wexford town expanded with a number of stylish apartments just down the quay front from the main hotel. The Talbot Suites at Stonebridge has over 60 apartments ranging from 1 to 3 bedrooms, ideal for everyone from solo travellers to family groups. Its quayside location has gorgeous views across the water and is also just a short walk from the town’s main shopping street.
5-night stay in a 1-bed luxury apartment – from €610.00 total stay
- VIEW ALL SELF-CATERING LISTINGS HERE
Need to relax and unwind after an unusual year? A stay at Creacon Wellness Retreat will leave you relaxed and rejuvenated with their comfortable accommodation, healthy meals and treatments to promote wellness. Enjoy all of their amenities including the cafe, treatment rooms and even media-free suites for a proper digital detox.
Double room full board – €300.00 per night
Have something to look forward to this summer by booking a stay at Kilmokea Country Manor. The beautiful 18th-century rectory is surrounded by 7 acres of stunning gardens – a haven to escape to for a calming break. Choose from self-catering or a room in the main house. There is a spa leisure area which has a heated indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and gym, as well as a tennis court and croquet lawn. For those travelling with four-legged friends, Kilmokea Country Manor is also pet-friendly!
2-night stay double room en suite deluxe – €320.00 total stay
- VIEW ALL GUESTHOUSES/B&Bs HERE
Summer Family Fun Activity Break (2-5 Nights)
Packages start from €309.00 per family. Book HERE.
Family package includes:
- 4 course meal for all the family on the evening of your choice
- Full Irish breakfast each morning
- Ice cream treat for kids on arrival
- Family Activity Pass to one of 7 family attractions (see below)
- Full access to our leisure club
- Unlimited free WiFi
- Playground is located beside the hotel and there is a 5km river walk from our front door
Choice of activities include: Blackwater Open Farm, Pirates Cove (round of golf or ½ hour bowling), Johnstown Castle Estate, Wells House & Gardens, Irish National Heritage Park, Secret Valley Wildlife Park and Dunbrody Famine Ship.
Family-Friendly Vacation – 3 BB & 2 Dinners
Room from €206.50 pps. Book HERE.
Family package includes:
- Accommodation in a choice of room to suit your needs
- Full Irish breakfast each morning served in Kelby’s Bistro
- Sumptuous three-course dinner for your family on any two evenings of your choice
- *Beauty & *Massage treatments available in our exclusive Cocoon Spa
- Special child-friendly sharing rates available (children under 4 years share on a complimentary package chosen basis)
- Amber Park – *Mini-Golf, *Go-Karts,*Archery
- *Virtual Reality – Games room with Sony Playstation
- Club Amber Leisure facilities include a swimming pool, kids pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, gymnasium
- Movies screened daily in our 80 seater Showtime Cinema
- Amber Park – Petting farm, Outdoor playground
- Playzone – indoor play zone with state of the art jungle gym
- Amber Express – our very own train with daily departures (most days)
- Amber Kids Club – children aged 4 years – 12 years
*Nominal fee applicable – subject to health and safety guidelines
Your Family Summer Holiday – New Family Adventures – 2BB1D
Room from €133.00 pps. Book HERE.
Stay and Explore the South East with free family passes to Wexford’s top attractions. Experience Windsurfing, Off Road Biking, Horse Riding, Sea Swimming Lessons, Pet Farms, Famine Ships and much more. Surrounded by beaches, forests and The great shopping town of Gorey. Make this your family holiday destination this year.
Family package includes:
- Family pass to one of Wexford’s top attractions
- Family pack and adventure map on arrival
- A three-course family meal in the Rowan Tree Restaurant or alternatively, convert them to a dining credit in the Ivy Bar on one night of your choice (pre-booking is essential, children under the age of 4 stay complimentary only on a bed & breakfast basis)
- Power off and connect with the hotel’s board games, crab fishing kits, walking maps, beaches, hills and forests
- 10% discount on Skin Gym treatments in our skin gym beauty rooms (on-site) when booked in advance
- High-speed WiFi throughout the hotel
- Club Ashdown Leisure facilities include swimming pool, kids pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and a large gymnasium
- Ashdown Kids Club is open daily throughout the school holidays – children aged 4 years – 12 years
Summer Family Break – up to 20% off our usual Bed & Breakfast Rate PLUS save a further €10 instantly per night when you sign up to Click on Clayton
From €169.00 per night based on 2 adults and 1 child sharing. Book HERE
Enjoy a 4 star stay in the heart of Wexford town with gorgeous Blue Flag beaches just a hop, skip and a jump away!
- Bed & full Irish breakfast
- Summer surprise for kids in room on arrival
- Complimentary access to Club Vitae with kiddies pool and 20m pool
- Town centre location & lots to do!
- 5 minute walk from the Bus/Train Station
- Free cancellation 48 hours prior to arrival
- For larger Family rooms, Interconnecting rooms or a second family room, please call the Hotel for excellent value offers on 053 9122311
Clayton Whites Hotel
Summer Family Packages (2-5 night family packages available) starting from only €385 in total. Sign up to Make it Maldron to receive a further €10 off your booking per room per night HERE.
Each family packages includes:
- Bed and full breakfast
- 3 Course family dinner on 1 night
- Ice cream for the kids on arrival
- Kids treat in the room on arrival
- Full use of leisure facilities, 2 outdoor playgrounds
- Free round of mini golf for all the family- located on the grounds of the hotel
- Family day pass to a local attraction
- No prepayment or deposit required- pay on arrival to the hotel
- Larger family rooms and interconnecting rooms also available
- Free carparking
Book now on 00353 53 917000 or on www.maldronhotelwexford.com
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Click HERE to book.
- Summer 2 nights B&B and a 4 Course Bistro Meal from €180.00 per person sharing.
- Limited Availability on Family Rooms left.
- VIEW ALL HOTEL LISTINGS HERE
What are you waiting for? Book your safe summer staycation in County Wexford today!
Note: All prices listed are subject to availability and are taken directly from the hotel’s website as of today 09/02/2021 and all offers are subject to availability and each property’s terms & conditions. Please remember to book directly via the hotel’s website for the best rates. Please note that some facilities – such as leisure and gym facilities – may be subject to health and safety guidelines.