This tour takes you on a journey through Ireland’s rich food heritage.
We take one of our most iconic dishes, Smoked Salmon on Soda Bread and go back to its source. A Watermill producing stone ground flour for almost 200 years, the Mill, untouched by modern machinery
You will visit fisherman Mick Walsh in his home to see how Smoked Salmon was made traditionally, using an 80 year old smoke-house.
Finally, we see a little of the “Upper Crust” on a tour of Colclough Walled Gardens. Over 200 years old, you will discover how the landed classes created the perfect micro-climate to grow exotic fruits and vegetables in Ireland’s normally cold and wet climate.
- Travel across the county from rolling lush green fields to the wild Irish coastline
- Meet and make connections with real local people
- Private guide throughout to ensure all your needs are looked after and you miss nothing
- 1 hour tour of Colclough Gardens with head gardener Alan Ryan with seasonal fruits to try
- 1 hour tour of Ballyminane Mills with Miller John Murphy and 175gm Stoneground flour
- 1 hour Talk & Taste with Mick Walsh of Ballyhack Smoked Salmon and 250gm pack to take home
- Stop for lunch at award winning local eatery specialising in local dishes (lunch not included in overall price)
For full details and booking information you can visit Gallivanting Tours Here.