The Stormin’ Normans Tour
Interested in the medieval era? This was a time of brave Knights and proud Ladies, there are literally hundreds of stories to tell. Tales of intrigue, desire, alliances and betrayal!
This wonderful day tour will give you a fuller understanding of Ireland’s Medieval past while at the same time allowing you to explore a little more of the county, enjoy some wonderful views, get out in the fresh air and enjoy some really great locally produced foods.
We will visit the following places on the day
- The Irish National Heritage Park
- The Norman Way
- Ballyhack Castle
- Tintern Abbey
- Hook Lighthouse
Please note – during off-season certain sites are closed, the tour can be adapted around this and you will be given a list of alternative sites to visit
The Normans made a big impact on Irelands landscape. Particularly along the Ancient East, Kilkenny, Trim, Waterford even Dublin itself where all heavily influenced by the Normans. If you are planning on touring the island, this tour will help you gain a deeper understanding and a help you imagine what many of our National Monuments looked like the day they were built!
- The full services of a professional and knowledgeable guide.
- Private hire, 9 seater VW Caravelle
- Collection and drop off at your desired location
- Parking and fuel costs
- Cooler box and rugs, cushions etc if you would like to bring a picnic
- Towels in case the sun is shining and you feel the need to take a dip
- Umbrellas in case its not…..the towels might be needed then too
- Freedom to alter the tour to your tastes*
- Photo opportunities
- Complimentary Whiskey Toast at the end of the tour
- Complimentary Spring Water and Wexford Food Family Samples Hamper
- In Autumn/Winter months some sites are closed, however, there are alternative Castles and Norman sites to visit and less crowds so don’t let that put you off booking!
*Some restrictions may apply
Prices are €480 for tours of 2 to 6 people and €240 for a solo tour.
- Guided Tours