A lovely B&B recently expanded to offer a self-catering option: groups of four or less will enjoy this quaint atmospheric urban bolthole.
Our facilities include a well equipped kitchen-cum-living room plus two Ensuite Double Bedrooms (with extra camp bed available if required). One of the bathrooms has electric under floor heating, a bath, and a shower. You'll also find in residence three laying hens and the ‘chalet-girl’, Caitriona (myself!)
- Washer, dryer, dishwasher, gas cooker, and microwave all available to use. (No cuddly toy, no not 'Sale of the Century'!)
- Heating by solar panels, log-burner, Kachelofen, and some fossil fuel heating including OFCH & electric. We practice and encourage ‘Navy Showers’, composting & recycling.
- FREE Wireless Broadband Internet TV & Radio, use of DVDs and CDs. There's Scrabble with many reference books to use, and some novels to take away with you.
- Kitchen supplied with good equipment, utensils and a welcome pack for the first few days, to enjoy a Continental breakfast, good selection of homemade preserves teas/coffees & all basic condiments; oil, vinegar, bouillion etc. There is also a fairly good herb garden for your use.
- Linen, towels and toiletries supplied along with a hairdryer.
- Detergents for laundry and dishwasher, along with a certain amount of fuel for the log-burning stove and gas for cooking are all Free of Charge. Not including electricity.
Cuasnóg has a lovely mixed garden for vegetables and flowers with a range of seating available, depending on the weather.
- Well-behaved children and dogs welcome. (In either case please confer with Caitriona before booking.)
Smoking is not allowed inside.
- Cuasnóg is located in a very quiet, leafy "des-res" and is only a five minute walk from the National Opera House, Rowe Street Church, and Clayton Whites Hotel.
- Two minutes walk to Wygram Nursing Home.
- 12 minute stroll from the hospital (I do it in 7 mins at a brisk pace!)
- 15 minutes to starting point for historical walking tours of Wexford Town, which begin at 11am at the wonderful new Tourist Information Office on the Quay Front.
- Heritage sites include a good section of the old town wall with a cobbled arched town entrance called Westgate which can be found beside Selskar Abbey.
- Only a five minute walk from Wexford Arts Centre, the Blue Egg Craft Gallery, and the new library. We are also within an ass's roar of the inimitable Mary's Bar (YouTube that for more!)
- Six minute walk to the town's Farmer's Market (every Friday) and the much loved Market at the Bull Ring (every Friday and Saturday).
- Less than five minute walk to North Main Street shops, restaurants (like the Green Acres, a flagship emporium), pubs, bars, and the bus and train station is also within easy walking distance (though I have been known to pick up my guests).
- By car, we have many golf courses and driving ranges ( links and parklands). The nearest of the stunning Wexford beaches is 12km away at Curracloe with nearby Wexford Wildfowl Reserve for bird watching. Taxis can be ordered (like Jim Shannon of Slaney Tours).
- The breathtaking Hook Head Peninsula is an easy day trip (by Hook Safari). Another easy day trip is to the lovely Kilmore Quay.
- There is also Ballycross Apple Farm and an exceptional Craft and Garden Trail that covers the entire county.
- Water activities include a beginners' surfing school in Curracloe while serious surfers prefer Carnivan Beach and there's kite-surfing in Duncannon.
There's diving at the Hook or by boat from Kilmore Quay.
You can see puffins and gannets on the Saltee Islands. Sea and shore angling is available along with sport fishing.
- Why not enjoy a horse racing meet at Wexford Racecourse or try a canter with either of the equestrian outfits – Kingsford or Shelmalier
- There is a great municipal swimming pool and Redmond Park playground is within easy walking distance. There are many craft and art galleries nearby and don't forget the nearby Clayton White’s hotel spa.
- If you want to learn to throw pottery, you can visit Ballyelland Pottery at The Old Mill in Castlebridge (the minimum number of participants is two I think).
We also have wonderful yoga teachers and a Japa meditation centre.
So much to see and do in Wexford! There is a fine selection of 'activity packages' that can be tailored to satisfy your heart's desire; just ask and we will collaborate to make this a perfect holiday!
Cuasnóg is approximately an hour from Waterford City and 80 minutes from Kilkenny City.